Sales tax revenue declines in September
During the week of September 11, Phelps County commissioners:
• Approved a contract for the Maternal Child Health Services for the Health Department.
• Heard from Treasurer Carol Green, who reported that sales tax funds received in September 2014 were down 4.36 percent under September 2013. Year-to-date receipts are up 5.70 percent over the same period in 2013.
Phelps County Clerk Carol Bennett has announced that the county’s optical scan voting equipment will be testing on Monday, September 22.
Commission approves tax levies
During the week of September 4, Phelps County commissioners:
• Held a public hearing for the adoption of the 2014 tax levies for the County Revenue and Road and Bridge Funds. Commissioners approved County Revenue Levy at $0.1537 per $100 of assessed valuation and the Road and Bridge Levy at $0.0940 per $100 of assessed valuation.
The United Way will be holding its third annual United Way Day of Caring on Friday, Sept. 12. The event is a day centered on helping local, non-profit organizations complete short-term projects.
Coordinated mental health efforts continuing in St. Louis area; multi-agency Resilience Coalition has worked since August to help provide support to community
JEFFERSON CITY – The Missouri Resilience Coalition, a group of public and private sector mental health care advocates in the St. Louis area, is continuing to provide mental health support and services to children, families and residents of Ferguson and the surrounding areas. Gov. Jay Nixon said mental health professionals from Coalition members are in place, and additional mental health professionals are on standby to provide support to individuals who have experienced trauma or may need emotional help.
Missouri lawmaker opposes pay increases for elected officials
- Parent Category: News
- Category: State and Regional News
- Written by Michael Lindquist
- Hits: 28
JEFFERSON CITY - Rep. Mark Parkinson, R-St. Charles County, said he opposes the proposed pay increase for state officials and lawmakers.