The Cuba Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards Banquet is scheduled for this Friday night at Recklein Auditorium. This year’s theme is 50s Night, so be sure to break out your poodle skirts and saddle shoes.
This year’s awards night features a whopping 87 award nominees in a wide variety of award categories, many of them new for this year. Social hour and the silent auction will start at Recklein Auditorium on North Smith Street at 6 p.m. on Friday, May 3. The dinner catered by Cuba Lakes Golf Club will be served at 7 p.m.
In addition to the numerous fine items put out for silent auction, the chamber dinner will feature the annual pie and cake auction, a live auction for certain items, a costume contest, and more. Music to fit the 50s theme will be provided by The Sounds of DJ “P.”
Tickets are available at all three banks in Cuba, at the Cuba Visitor’s Center, or online at cubamochamber.com. Single dinner tickets are $25 or $40 per couple. Tickets may also be purchased at the door.
Chamber awards to be presented on Friday night include the following categories:
• Young Woman of the Year – presented to a current high school senior who has demonstrated her dedication to both the community and school
• Young Man of the Year – presented to a current high school senior who has demonstrated his dedication to both the community and school
• Entrepreneur – presented to a current Chamber member (an individual, business or civic organization) that has demonstrated true enterprising spirit in the creation and retention of jobs in the Cuba area
• New Business – presented to a business that began operating in Cuba between April 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019
• Woman of the Year – presented to a woman who has continually provided support to the Cuba area by supporting growth, development, betterment and pride in the community
• Man of the Year – presented to a man who has continually provided support to the Cuba area by supporting growth, development, betterment and pride in the community
• Beautification – presented to a Chamber member, business or civic organization that has made an exceptional effort to make Cuba a beautiful place to live and visit
• Educator – presented to a teacher, administrator or school counselor who has dedicated himself or herself to the youth of the Cuba School District
• Public Service – presented to a city, church or other civic organization that has done outstanding service work for the community in 2019
• First Responder – presented to a first responder in the community that has shown outstanding sacrifice to the people and community in 2019
Comments powered by CComment