The Crawford County R-1 Board of Education met in open session on Thursday, May 16 to conduct the following items of business:
- The board approved the consent agenda, which included approval of minutes from the April 18 board meeting, paying bills and salaries, declaring items surplus and authorizing bids/sale of property, and approval of the following annual agreements for the 2019-2020 school year: Thera-Peds Occupational Therapy Services; Kathryn Runge, Speech Pathologist; Linda Cuneio, Psychological Examiner.
- The board approved an FV-4 application for a 50/50 Matching Grant for Agricultural Education.
- The board awarded the bid for SOAR Heating and Cooling system replacement to Juergens Heating and Cooling, LLC to include the heat pump option, for a total cost of $6,957.
- The board approved the School Resource Officer Agreement with the City of Bourbon for the 2019-2020 school year.
- The board approved the bus garage tool order.
- The board reviewed financial statements.
- The MSBA May 2019 board report was viewed. This report may be accessed at msbanet.org
- Lexi Tackett provided the Student Advisor to the Board Report.
- Administrators provided building/department reports.
- Chris Scheel and Rebecca Hutchison provided a Library Media Services Program Evaluation.
- Erin Altemeyer presented the following year-end reports: Preschool and Kindergarten Screening Report, Title I Preschool Program Evaluation, Parents as Teachers Program Report, Early Childhood Special Education Program Report, and Gifted Program Report.
- Joe Obermark provided a Summer School Planning Report. Currently, there are 385 students signed up for summer school. Last year at this time, there were 240 students registered.
- The board discussed plans to attend the MSBA Leadership Summit and MSBA Fall Conference.
- The board went into closed session, with a closed record and closed vote for the purpose of considering personnel matters.
Comments powered by CComment