The Crawford County (Bourbon) R-1 Board of Education met in regular session on Thursday, June 20 to discuss the following items of district business:
• The board approved the Consent Agenda, which included approval of the May 16 and May 30 minutes; paying bills and salaries; appointment of Danielle Pitts as Board Secretary; appointment of Charlene Mincemeyer as Board Treasurer; authorization of bids for gas, diesel, propane, and paper; approval of the Franklin County Cooperative Agreement for the 2019-2020 school year; approval of renewal of the Missouri Ozarks Community Action-Head Start Lease for the upcoming school year; approval of the School-Based Behavioral Health Services Memorandum of Understanding with Compass Health for 2019-2020; approval of the Direct Services Cooperative Agreement; and approval of the 2019-2020 P-Card User List.
• The board awarded a bid to Final Touch Painting Company, LLC. for painting of the high school gym. The bid award includes painting of gym walls for $5,850, painting of the gym ceiling for $6,700, and painting of the mascot and logos not to exceed $2,000. Painting is scheduled to begin June 29 and will continue for three weeks. Following painting, the gym floors will be re-waxed, which will prohibit foot traffic for two weeks thereafter.
• The board approved the 2019-2020 District Program and Services Evaluation Plan.
• The board reviewed financial statements provided by Danielle Pitts.
• The June 2019 Missouri School Board Association Board Report was viewed online. This can be viewed by accessing mosbanet.org.
• Student Advisor Lexi Tackett provided a Student Advisor to the Board Report.
• Administrators provided building/department reports.
• Head Nurse Grace Negretti provided the board with a Health Services Department Report for the school year.
• Athletic Director Devon Payne presented the 2018-2019 Athletic Report.
• The board reviewed the School Resource Officer quarterly report submitted by Officer Rauss.
• Erin Altemeyer presented a program report for the SOAR Alternative School.
• The board reviewed Positive Behavior Support Program Evaluations submitted by Joe Obermark and Brian Witt.
• Joe Obermark provided a Summer School Report.
• The board received a board member resignation letter from Ron Collins, effective June 30, 2019. Mr. Collins will be moving out of the school district. The vacancy has been posted on Facebook, on the district website, and a notice posted in the newspaper. Interested parties may pick up an application in the district office or obtain one through the district’s website. The application deadline is July 10.
• Administrators provided 2019-2020 student and staff handbooks, the transportation handbook, SOAR Alternative School handbook, gifted handbook, and athletic handbook for review by the board.
• Superintendent Patricia Thompson provided a budget update. The board scheduled a special meeting to occur at 7:30 a.m. on Friday, June 28, for the purpose of approving the final FY19 budget and proposed FY20 budget.
• The Crawford County R-I Board of Education went into closed session with a closed record and closed vote for the purpose of considering the following matters: personnel.
Comments powered by CComment