Phelps Health has announced it is limiting visitors at the hospital in Rolla. The following release was issued late Tuesday:
To protect our patients, staff and communities, Phelps Health is limiting the number of visitors to its locations. We understand that visitor restrictions can have a major impact on our patients, but we are following these steps to help limit the exposure of people to COVID-19 and help prevent the spread of this disease. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Until further notice, the following visitor restrictions will apply at Phelps Health:
- Starting Wednesday, March 25, 2020, no visitors will be allowed in the ICU. Please read more about the ICU visitor restrictions here : https://tinyurl.com/tgj5amp
• No visitors will be allowed in the Behavioral Health Unit, Transitional Care Unit (TCU) and Acute Rehabilitation Unit at Phelps Health Hospital.
• Visitors of Obstetrics, Pediatrics and Nursery patients at Phelps Health Hospital are restricted to parents only or one support person who is older than age 18.
• Only one designated family member will be allowed per patient for all surgeries.
• In all other Phelps Health patient care areas, including the hospital and all clinics, only one designated family member will be allowed per patient.
If the above criteria is met, visiting adults over the age of 18 will asked to complete a health screening for wellness (including checking for fever or respiratory symptoms) upon entry at Phelps Health.
Please note: As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve over the next few days and weeks, Phelps Health may include additional visitor restrictions. Please check our social media pages and phelpshealth.org/covid-19 for the latest on Phelps Health’s response to COVID-19.
Comments powered by CComment